Senior Support Engineer
Multiple Locations: Santa Clara, California and Chennai, India
Are you ready for the Next Generation? Be on the cutting edge of IoT technologies by joining the trailblazing team that is defining the space!
IoTium is the leader in providing secure network infrastructure for Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). The company is based in the Silicon Valley and backed by top-tier investors such as GE Ventures, March Capital, The Fabric, and Juniper Networks. The company’s patented technology enables a Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) solution to securely connect both legacy brownfield and cutting-edge greenfield systems to cloud-based applications. As THE IoT Edge-Cloud company, IoTium enables building and industrial automation, oil & gas, manufacturing, transportation, and smart city industries to realize the promise of Industry 4.0.
We are looking a Sr. Support Engineer to join our team!
Overview & Responsibilities
- Receive technically complex customer issues and maintain ownership of issue and customer communication until resolved completely.
- Interact with DevOps and Engineering as needed to resolve critical customer escalations.
- Act as technical lead, mentor, and role model on a team of engineers; provide direction to others, review solutions and articles, etc. Mentor new Support Engineers.
- Develop and deliver technical training to other support engineers.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of pre-release products and take ownership for product improvement in key product areas.
- Build support lab environment to reproduce, analyze and test customer issues and fixes in real-time
- Report software bugs and customer suggestions.
- Write complex technical articles, sample scripts and diagnostic rules to improve engineer and customer product knowledge and supportability.
- Monitor alerts/alarms raised by monitoring tools for customer deployment; do the initial diagnosis and create tickets as done for customer-reported issues
- Participate in on-call rotation after business hours (weekday/weekend)
Required Experience & Skills
- Solid hands-on working knowledge must include a combination of:
- Networking – Firewalls, Routing/Switching/VLANs, Proxies/ Load Balancers, TCP/IP, WAN & LAN Protocols, DHCP, DNS
- Read and analyze network traces
- Virtualization and containers – VMware, Hyper-V, Docker, OpenStack
- Cloud knowledge – AWS, Azure
- Logging systems – Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Scripting with Python
- Strong customer service, accurate and logical problem solving, communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Strong ability to work in a team environment and interact with cross-functional groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is a MUST
- Networking certifications CCNP or JNCIP and QA experience a plus
- 3+ years relevant experience in Support, Professional Services, or Technical Account Management
- B.S. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other equivalent degree/experience