Network Support Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, California
Are you ready for the Next Generation? Be on the cutting edge of IoT technologies by joining our team!
IoTium is the leader in providing secure network infrastructure for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). The company is based in Silicon Valley and backed by GE Ventures, March Capital, The Fabric and Juniper Networks. The company’s patented technology enables a Network as a Service (NaaS) solution to securely connect legacy onsite systems to cloud-based applications, allowing building and industrial automation, oil & gas, manufacturing, transportation, and smart city industries to realize the promise of Industry 4.0.
We are looking for passionate, tech-savvy and empathetic problem solvers to join our support team. This customer-facing role will expose you to a diverse group of customers, partners and internal teams providing opportunities for career growth in a fun, challenging, and fast-paced environment.
Characteristics of success in this role include previous experience in supporting or testing Linux based networking products involving virtualization, cloud and security infrastructure in datacenters, private, public or hybrid cloud. You must be highly observant and skilled in detection to resolve customer issues. This requires empathy, outstanding logic skills, the ability to think differently, genuine desire to help people do their best, learn from others and take pride in doing excellent work. Successful candidates should also be able to manage a diverse number of issues from different customers and be able to prioritize and multitask effectively throughout the working day.
- Provide quality technical support to our customers and partners over phone/email
- Promptly respond and effectively communicate on technical issues and service inquiries reported by partners and customers, both orally and in writing
- Diagnose and troubleshoot the issues through discussions with customers, logs, documentation, etc.
- Own each customer case from initial creation to resolution
- Collaborate with next level support team members on unresolved issues with enough debugging information collected, and track them for timely closure
- Use acquired knowledge to write/edit Knowledge Base articles
- Build support lab environment to reproduce, analyze and test customer issues and fixes in real-time
- Report software bugs and customer suggestions in internal systems.
- Monitor alerts/alarms raised by monitoring tools for customer deployment; do the initial diagnosis and create tickets as done for customer-reported issues
- Participate in on-call rotation after business hours (weekday/weekend)
- Bachelor’s of Computer Science / Engineering
- 2-3 years relevant experience in Support or QA
- Prior experience as network support engineer handling US customers
- Hands-on working knowledge must include a combination of:
- Networking – Firewalls, Routing/Switching/VLANs, Proxies/ Load Balancers, TCP/IP, WAN & LAN Protocols, DHCP, DNS
- Read and analyze network traces
- Virtualization and containers – VMware, Hyper-V, Docker, OpenStack
- Cloud knowledge – AWS, Azure
- Logging systems – Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Creating lab environment and writing technical articles
- Strong customer service, accurate and logical problem solving, communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Strong ability to work in a team environment and interact with cross-functional groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Networking certifications CCNP or JNCIP and QA experience a plus
- Programming and debugging skills a plus