Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA (HQ)
Are you ready for the Next Generation? Be on the cutting edge of IoT technologies by joining the trailblazing team that is defining the space! IoTium is the leader in providing secure network infrastructure for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). The company is based in Silicon Valley and backed by top-tier investors such as GE Ventures, March Capital, The Fabric, and Juniper Networks. The company’s patented technology enables a Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) solution to securely connect both legacy brownfield and cutting-edge greenfield systems to cloud-based applications. As THE IoT Edge-Cloud company, IoTium enables building and industrial automation, oil & gas, manufacturing, transportation, and smart city industries to realize the promise of Industry 4.0.
We are looking for a rock star to join our team!
Overview & Responsibilities
- Lead the efforts for building the infrastructure of our game-changing cloud-based Industrial IoT offering.
- You will be responsible for architecting, maintaining, and scaling our core infrastructure.
- Help to define and maintain good Network Operations “NOC” practices to ensure service delivery commitments to customers are met.
- Ability to automation day today operations using existing frameworks, API/SDK.
- Ability to work independently and mentor other DevOps Engineer.
- Work hand-in-hand with engineering and product management teams to ensure infrastructure support for key features and workflows.
- Work hand-in-hand with Customer Success teams to ensure customer escalations are handled and resolved.
Required Experience & Skills
- Deep working knowledge of cloud compute and virtualization environments such as VMware ESXi, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud.
- Strong understanding of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Excited about continuous integration and delivery.
- Focus on scaling and performs while minimizing downtime.
- Experience with Network Security technologies: Firewalls, Proxies, SSO.
- Familiarity driving compliance programs such as SOC2 is a strong plus.
- Strong hands-on experience in automation using python and cloud frameworks, Terraform and Ansible.
- 8+ years of work experience building or managing production-grade SaaS platforms.
- B.S. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other equivalent degrees/experience.