Senior Support Engineer
Location: Chennai, India
Our support engineers are passionate problem-solvers in the NaaS/SDN space involving networking, virtualization, cloud and security. We are looking for talented, enthusiastic and tech-savvy individuals to join our expanding group. Our customer-facing role will expose you to a diverse group of Customers, Partners, and internal teams – Engineering, QA, DevOps, Sales providing opportunities for career growth in a fun, challenging, and fast-paced environment.
Characteristics of success in this role include previous experience in supporting or testing networking, virtualization and security infrastructure in data centers, private, public or hybrid cloud and having the ability to multi-task and work under pressure. We’re looking for passionate engineers, who are empathetic to customers, great technical troubleshooters and communicators, take pride in doing excellent work, and can both teach and learn from those around them.
- Provide quality technical support to our customers and partners over phone/email
- Promptly respond and effectively communicate on technical issues and service inquiries reported by partners and customers, both orally and in writing
- Diagnose and troubleshoot the issues through discussions with customers, logs, documentation, etc.
- Own each customer case from initial creation to resolution.
- Create internal tickets for unresolved issues with enough debugging information collected, and track them for timely closure
- Collaborate with other members in Support, SE, QA, Ops and Engineering to fix complex networking/connectivity issues from customer’s cloud to their devices through software-defined network infrastructure services.
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write FAQs, in-depth Knowledge Base articles, guides, and whitepapers
- Monitor alerts/alarms raised by monitoring tools for customer deployment; do the initial diagnosis and create tickets as done for customer-reported issues
- Perform user account provisioning and management activities
- Participate in on-call rotation after business hours (weekday/weekend)
- Ability to lead support team across multiple shifts as we grow.
- Bachelor’s in CS/CE or related field
- 5+ years relevant experience in Support
- Prior experience with handling support calls for US based customers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, learn quickly and be proactive
- Good understanding and familiarity with Linux
- Fundamental understanding of and hands-on experience must include a combination of:
- Cloud knowledge – AWS, Azure
- Networking knowledge – Firewalls, Routing/Switching/VLANs, Proxies/ Load Balancers, Protocols, DHCP, DNS
- Virtualization and containers – VMware, Hyper-V, Docker, OpenStack
- Familiarity with logging systems – Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Networking certifications and QA experience in the above areas a plus
- Outstanding English language written and verbal communication skills and comprehension.
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate matters to third parties.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
IoTium is the first secure network infrastructure company for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Headquartered in Silicon Valley and backed by GE Ventures, March Capital, The Fabric and Juniper Networks, IoTium was founded with the understanding that secure connections matter. The company’s patented technology enables a Network as a Service (NaaS) solution to securely connect legacy onsite systems to cloud-based applications, allowing building and industrial automation, oil & gas, manufacturing, transportation, and smart city industries to realize the promise of Industry 4.0. For more information, visit: http://www.iotium.io.